Add This Toolbar

Share |

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bereavement and Blessing

I haven't blogged in quite awhile.  I met someone last night who encouraged me to keep blogging, saying that although people don't leave comments, I may have quite a following.  So here I am again.

I've been feeling like I need to branch out somewhat with my animal communication work, like I need to spread my proverbial wings.  As I lied on the massage table of my healer/mentor/body-worker on Friday, I was able to see where my path is leading.  Shortly, I will be certified as a spiritual counselor and "minister." (I dislike that word; hence the quotation marks.)  But, as such, I will be able to go where my heart is leading me… to be a pet bereavement counselor, to counsel those whose animal companions have died and/or to help them get ready to say good-bye.  Although that is part of the work I do now, being certified in our society lends credence to my work.

It is a sacred responsibility to be present for those who are transitioning.  It is a high vibrational passage and to be chosen to be present is a privilege and an honor, whether it be for our beloved companion animals or for our human companions.  To give healing and comfort, to raise awareness, to bring light and love to one being raises the vibrational pattern of all beings.

This is my heart.

No comments: