Add This Toolbar

Share |

Saturday, January 15, 2011

More Reiki

Just a quick post…

This morning, Duff was laying on his favorite chair, which is our favorite chair, actually, but he gets to use it more than I do.  He's good about sharing and we spend lots of time first thing in the morning reading (me), purring (him) and getting lots of love (both of us).

As I was seated on the floor in front of him, my palms became hot and I knew Reiki was being called forth.  For those of us who are new to Reiki, the word translates loosely to "universal life force."  From the Japanese, 'rei" meaning spirit and "ki" meaning energy.

I first did Reiki on myself to clear my energy and then proceeded to do Reiki on Duff.  I started with his head, but he shifted his body so that my hands were on his solar plexus chakra and sacral chakra.  He began purring IMMEDIATELY!  He continued to purr louder and louder and stretch out.  Every once in awhile he would lift his head and nuzzle my arm.  He even gave me one quick lick (which is unusual for Duff).  When he'd had enough, he moved again but this time more forcefully so I knew to stop.   He continued purring for about ten minutes after I removed my hands.

Here is he directly after the session.


So contented.  Lovely boy.  I'm so fortunate to have him in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know much about Reiki. But I did work for someone who was a Reiki Master. That was the first time I ever heard about it.