Add This Toolbar

Share |

Friday, October 1, 2010

Macduff, Mirror and Mentor

My cat, Macduff, is a fighter.  Like me, he's very vocal about what he likes and what he doesn't like.  I don't know if he and I were born fighters or made fighters by the circumstances of our lives, but I tend to believe that a being is born with certain characteristics and those characteristics are either strengthened or weakened by environment and circumstance.  I also believe that our lives unfold exactly as they must in order for us to learn our soul lessons.  I believe we are all connected and that the Universe does not play favorites, that we and all those whose lives we touch, are living out our highest good.  I don't pretend to know what that is or why sometimes life is harsh and unfair. I just believe that life is just even when it doesn't look like it is.  Because I believe life unfolds as it must does not mean that I don't take up causes and fight for justice.  I became an animal communicator to give voice to the voiceless.  Had I been living in the 1920's I would have been a union organizer.  As I said, I'm a fighter.

Macduff is still hissing and growling at Misty and, at times, at me.  I've been running around like a crazy woman, ordering supplements and remedies online, talking to other animal communicators and calling on my angels and spirit guides to help me help Macduff.  And, finally, this morning when Duff turned to me, growled, hissed and jumped off the chair we were sharing, it came to me.  I closed my eyes and once again asked heaven to help me.  I connected with Macduff and understood that Macduff is a fighter.  He was born a fierce warrior and whoever had him before I adopted him tried to break his spirit by declawing him and doing worse.  I know my cat was hit by whoever had him.  I always see him in a family who mainly ignored him.  When Macduff struck out or growled at the child in the home, he was yelled at and hit by a man, things were thrown at him.  I see Macduff being chased.  I always see the same man when I tune into Duff's past.  He is slight, between the ages of 30 - 40 years old.  He's not a mean person, but he is ignorant.  He's the same man who brought Duff to Animal Control.  He's a smoker.  I always smell cigarette smoke when I see him.

So, what I am saying here is that I understand now that remedies and potions and massage and TTouch may soothe Duff at times, but I cannot change his basic personality which was cemented by abuse.  I merely need to accept who is and why he is the way he is.  I have to stop trying to change him.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on animal communication sessions, a homeopathic vet, internet purchases, but more than that, I've spent hours stressing about how I can help.  Today, I've stopped.  If my cat needs to hiss and growl, so be it.  Sometimes I need to as well.

No comments: